Social Media Manager – UZU Media
For consideration, after reading the entire posting, please email your resume with a link to your LinkedIn profile and any other websites or social media that you’d like to be considered. Also, include necessary elements from below. Send it all over to [email protected]. Creativity goes a long way, of course, but don’t skip out on the substance — we like a good laugh, and that’ll help to fit in, but we also need to see your skills.
As a Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for the creation and execution of coordinated social media strategies for each client. This includes creation of content and campaigns that establish a presence in each niche. In addition to the technical requirements of this position, this candidate must exemplify characteristics of the company’s core values, exemplifying a commitment to integrity, collaboration, and innovation. We expect you to be extremely detail oriented, and be primarily self-managing… looking to the team for leadership and collaboration.
- Perform research on client industries and audience preferences
- Design and implement social media strategy to align with business goals
- Set specific objectives and report monthly on metrics of ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news) – client dependent
- Monitor web traffic metrics and social dashboards
- Collaborate with other UZU teams to ensure brand consistency
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a professional and timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Increase followership and engagement for accounts
What we’d like to see from you:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager (2+ years preferred)
- Hands on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Exceptional photographic skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, its respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat,etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
- Understanding of how to work with Social Media influencers.
- Working knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Experience with Canva, Spark or other Adobe programs
- Excellent communication skills
- Multitasking ability
- Sense of humor is definitely helpful
We are looking for solid thinkers- we need someone with a creative type mind-set that can also be a team player.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (business administration/marketing) desired but not required, will accept appropriate verifiable experience; recent grads definitely welcome with strong accompanying skillsets.
So this list isn’t exhaustive, but we think you get the idea. We’re looking for someone who loves being a part of a team and who works hard. “That’s not in my job description” isn’t in your vocabulary. 🙂
We are looking to hire soon. Based on the past jobs we hired for, we may or may not get to see all applicants, but we will let you know when we make our decision.
Hopefully you read to the end. Also REQUIRED to be considered is a 30+ second video to show off a bit. Video is becoming essential in the world of social. Sell yourself to us. 🙂 Yes, you can use your phone… we’re not monsters.
This is a full-time position (35+ hours a week) that requires onsite work with our team. Not looking for long-distance. Also, no phone calls, no stop-bys, please. So… if you think you match up with us and are interested, do the equivalent of swiping right, and get typing.