Are You A Disciple of Design?
Are you an ambitious, hard-working, highly motivated, self-starting type of a person who doesn’t shy away from creative challenges?
Digital media is always expanding and becoming more competitive. In order to be successful you have to be willing to adapt. We’re looking for someone who is smart, edgy, but more importantly, passionate about working in a creative industry.
UZU Media is hiring, and this job may be for you! Based in Colorado Springs, UZU Media is looking for someone to join our guild as a Graphic Designer. We are an office full of diverse, quirky, fun-loving people, and we’re growing rapidly. As a Graphic Designer, you don’t need to be micromanaged, and you are knowledgeable and confident in the world of Illustrator, Adobe Creative Cloud and other premier design programs.
We need you to have skills in digital as well as print design. Expected projects for you to work on include but are not limited to: logo design, website mockups, product packaging, etc. You can’t be afraid of the phone or of managing clients’ expectations. You’re willing and able to stay on top of industry trends, keeping pace with the latest developments of your own volition.
- Commit to UZU Media’s mission to be one of the top advertising and marketing agencies in Colorado Springs.
- Commit to the best customer service – going above and beyond.
- Use your Graphic Design expertise to keep our clients happy.
What are we looking for? Here’s a list to start out–
First, we ARE looking for someone with decent previous experience, so please have something to show for it. And we’ll also want to chat with you about some of your successes along the way.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- Sense of timeliness and responsibility around frequent client check-ins and reports.
- Awesome communication skills that you can utilize to make sure clients understand the decisions we make with our Graphic Design.
- Willingness to tinker until you find the right solution.
- Associates/Bachelors Degree in a business-oriented discipline is a plus.
- 2 or more years of experience in Graphic Design.
- Work experience in some front-end development.
- Competent designer.
- Familiarity with the breadth of the digital marketing experience.
This list isn’t intended to be exhaustive. It is to describe the general content and requirements of this key position. If you think that you’re marketing savvy and self-motivated, you may just be a good fit with our team. If you think that you’ve got the right stuff for the position, get in touch.
We are looking to make a quick decision, so if you’re interested, get to typing. We’ll look through apps over the next few weeks. Based on last few rounds of apps, we may not get to see all applicants, but we will let you know when we make our decision.
Each applicant needs the following:
- Send over your resume
- Link to your Portfolio
- Link to either your LinkedIn or other relevant social media
- work history to [email protected].
Again, we’re pretty busy so please no call-ins or drop bys.
Just to clarify
Be creative. With your resume, with the headline, something. Also, give a few unique sentences about yourself – we like a good laugh (with you, not at you.)
This is a full-time position that requires onsite work with our team. Only looking for current Colorado residents. (At all. Really. We’re sure you’re really great, but we can’t do this process long-distance. Sorry!) If you think you match up with us, and are interested, do the equivalent of swiping right.