Okay, we’re kinda busy here and we need some help – based in Colorado Springs, UZU Media is looking for someone who loves to code and is a constant learner. We are a small but respected digital marketing agency that’s in a period of growth!
We’re guessing you’re probably pretty ambitious, and want to gain more experience. If you’re ready for a new pace in your work environment, a start-up culture (no we don’t play ping-pong in the office… yet) and looking for new energy in your personal life, the Jr. Web Developer position may just be the right fit for you.
Jr. Web Developer
In this position, you don’t need to be micromanaged, and you’re well aware of your responsibilities without constant reminders of what needs to get done.
- Commit to UZU Media’s mission to be a top Advertising and Marketing agency in Colorado Springs.
- Commit to the best customer service – go above and beyond.
- Manage responsibilities without micromanagement.
What are we looking for? Here’s a list to start out–
First, we ARE looking for someone with previous experience, so please have something to show. We will be looking for a portfolio, so send that along in your communication.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to coding
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to clients sites.
- Create wireframes, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and deliverables to the team and clients.
- Promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- 1 to 3 years of Proven Web Design experience
- Can design a website in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or similar.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes/mockups, and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Ability to communicate well with clients – phone, email, meetings
- Up-to-date with the latest web trends, techniques, and technologies
Optional but nice:
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with WordPress, Drupal, Joomla
- Experience in PHP
- Experience with SASS/LESS
- Experience in git
- Fluent in sarcasm
Again, this list isn’t intended to describe an exhaustive list of the day in and day out experience in the office. It’s to describe the general content and requirements of the position.
If you think that you’ve got the right stuff for the position, get in touch.
We are looking to make a quick decision, so if you’re interested, get to typing. The response time will be fairly quick for a job application process. We may or may not get to see all applicants, but we will let you know when we make our decision.
Send over your resumé / portfolio / work history to [email protected] No calls or stop-bys… only ’cause we’re busy, remember?!
Creativity goes a long way, of course, but don’t skip out on the substance, k? – we like a good laugh, and that’ll help to fit in here, but we also need to see the skills. This is a full-time position that requires onsite work with our team. If you don’t live in Colorado Springs, but you plan on moving here soon, let us know. NOT looking for remote work for this position.